Thursday, July 16, 2015

We went camping!!

We were excited to go camping last weekend, it's been two years since we've gone. I love camping, being outside all day and surrounded by trees and gorgeous sky, sigh it's so good!! In the past we've gotten to set up camp right by the pool and the bathrooms, just steps away. This time they've changed it and the area was filled with campers, so we had to go back a ways into some more wooded area. Not my favorite part but we managed, it was a 20 minute walk to the pools and bathroom which we did numerous times. Sometimes we drove up to them, especially the middle night ones and first early morning ones. We got there Saturday about 11:00 and left Sunday morning, Renee had to work at 10 and the other two and Rich said they had enough. I could have stayed for the afternoon though, love nature. I came right home and unpacked, started laundry and showered then sat on deck with a hot cup of tea. All in all it went pretty good since w don't go to often. Here's some peeks of our fun!
Sam and Summer played a lot of catch and Frisbee, I played with Sam when Summer took a break.
The kids made up their beds in the tent, so cute!
Lucky hid under the table for shade and to rest from running around checking out everything. She wanted to go to bed first that night. She was pawing at the tent and pushed her head to squeeze in the zippered door, too funny. She took a long nap then came and peeked out at us as if asking when we were going to bed. Seriously cute and I think she was done sitting on the hard ground and wanted her comfort and blankets back. Not sure she is made for roughing it, lol.

I took a few self timer pictures so I could get us all in a photo and to just get myself at times. Love using the timer. See the reflection in the car hood, so cool!
I liked seeing this row of picnic tables next to our camp site, wish we could have taken one or two home with us.
Rich did all the cooking, YUM!! Potatoes, onion and garlic salt wrapped in foil. YUM! Sadly, some of them burned and when making the hamburgers on the griddle the dog made the griddle of them fall and thankfully Rich caught it before they all fell. Food smells so good cooked outside and tasted wonderful. Thanks for cooking honey!
Dinner time!
We went to the snack bar and got ice cream instead of making smores
Fun times around the fire before bed, we were all tired by then
Next morning by the fire and my Bible study book,  loved this quiet time outside
Breakfast outside, smelled so good and tasted so good!
Just like that we all worked to clean up and pack up for home.
So glad we got the chance to squeeze camping in this summer.
Thanks for reading, have a great weekend!
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, it's nice to 'meet' you. I loved reading about your time camping with your family. My father used to have one of those old pop up campers years ago and our family used to go camping, too. I can never remember being close to the bathrooms, though. It seemed like we always walked forever to get to that building and when you've got to go, you've got to go... =D

    I'm glad I stumbled across your blog today. I really enjoyed the visit. Have a great weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! It sounds like you had a wonderful camping trip and some great family time! I love the cute stories about Lucky, too! I would go for ice cream instead of s'mores! I have fun making them, but to me, they don't taste as good as an ice cream sundae!!!! Have a great week, my friend! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really camp in my adults life, but that sure looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love these photos! I miss the fun we had camping with our kids...but hubby says he's too old and his bones/arthritis can't take tent-camping any more! beautiful memories you are making!

    ReplyDelete