Monday, March 1, 2010

I had a small car accident this afternoon too coming home from walmart. The roads were getting slick and I was one minute away from our house when my car slid on some ice. I tried to get control of the van but it kept sliding on more ice. Before I knew it the van went off the road into a telephone pole. Thankfully I was ok, and no other cars were on the road. I was alone too, so glad the kids weren't there. I am fine except for some sore muscles and shock of it. My poor van, I miss it already, it is at the garage waiting for insurance people to look and decide if it's worth fixing. I didn't have my camera with me but used my cell phone to take picture of it going onto tow truck, will figure out how to download it later. Thank you to everyone who helped at the scene, they were so nice and even helped my husband load up his car with the groceries I had in the van.

3 comments:

  1. Spring does need to hurry up and get here so we don't have to worry about ice anymore. I'm sorry you were in an accident but glad you are okay. Let me know how your van turns out. I'm also glad we didn't get any of that snow...we've had enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm glad they are going to fix it. I hope you have a good week just remember to stay away from the ice;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful you are ok. Winter roads are just too scary. I put our truck in the ditch due to ice roads a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete