Friday, August 31, 2012

ART IN MY FAVORITE COLORS RIGHT NOW!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!  Here is my new FAVORITE COLOR COMBO right now, it's making me VERY HAPPY!!  I just sat and played for an hour and made a variety of pages and love them all. No plans/ideas just FREE PLAY and NO OVERTHINKING!! So much fun that way!!
So on this page I covered it in blue then the pink, added some book pages with gesso and tore them off which left this rough texture to it, was trying to get the words to stick but this is good too. The next step was watercolor circles here and there and then sharpies and gel pens. Really wanted words on here without writing them all so dug out some old rub-ons and love the look. Of course the tape was calling me by then so I just put it wherever and said STOP, ITS DONE!!! Now for close-ups..
oh I forgot to add the panchella I used to scatter dots around, see the pink ones,HAPPY!
Need to do this again only BIGGER!!! POSTERBOARD SIZE!!
This was the second page, SOOO PRETTY and different from
the first page. I added purple to the combo and like it.
First thing was to use my multi-circle stencil and
spray blue and purple on it, mostly blue the purple was about out.
Next I used watercolors in the same colors as above and just painted around wherever
I wanted to. Then added some splashes of dots around and panchella again. I used two tags and
cut some butterflies out of paint chips and added them. Found some blue squishy dots that seemed
right for the page and little bit of paper tape. LOVE THIS PAGE ALSO! 40mts for both of these
I was on a roll, THIS NEVER HAPPENS, haha just played with NO OVERTHINKING!!
love the butterflies and dots, HAPPY HAPPY COLORS!!
here's a peek at page 3.... I painted over a doiley and it made this design
not sure what to do with it. Will come back later and figure it out.
this was the last page and it went totally different then planned. The pink paint came out in swirls?? and the blues all came out in blotches so I smooshed the two pages together and GOT THIS BEAUTY!!  This is almost what I want to do on a posterboard, JUST POUR PAINT AND LET IT RUN EVERY WHERE!!!  Can't cover this one up, love to look at it. Will let you know if I add to it.
 
So that's my art from last week, hope you enjoy it. Take care and enjoy the weekend.
THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE SWEET COMMENTS IN THE LAST POST, RICH SAYS THANK YOU ALSO, HE'S SO HAPPY WITH HIMSELF AND HIS HARVEST. HUGS!!!







13 comments:

  1. It looks lovely Dawn...You have been creating a lot of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Lynette, so glad to see you again. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, these pages are truly AMAZING!!!!. WoW WOW WOW. You are having so much fun, I could tell :). I LOVE every single one, so freeing. First page is my favorite too, then next is the circles with butterflies. OH POSSIBILITIES!. You make me happy, Dawn looking at these loveliness!. Inspired :). HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shahrul for the visit and enjoying my art. I really am happy with them and the making of them. HUGS!!

      Delete
  4. I can see the printed letters among the texture. they've come out so well.Loving the doily print.The butterfly and stencil page looks so complete. Do you journal on these pages?
    Have a great week
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, thanks for the visit and comment. I had fun with each page. I don't usually journal on my pages, sometimes just words other times nothing at all. Hope your week is good too!!

      Delete
  5. Yeah, this is so pretty and cool. Love the colors you choosen. First one is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, thanks for the visit and your comment. Happy to share art with you!

      Delete
  6. Wow these are so pretty - love the turqoise and pink together - so refreshing - looks like you had fun with these - love the bubbles to pieces - so whimsical and free - nice work again - love looking at all you do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mom, thanks for visiting and the comment. Glad you like the colors and enjoy my art.

      Delete
  7. these are all so fun... love your use of the punchinella and the stencils.. it's so fun using those.... these are all so great.. I love the smooshed last one the best i think... love how it turned out! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Bonita, so glad you shared some punchinella with me. It's always fun to use it and I love dots/circles. The smooshed one did come out so cool!

      Delete
  8. Hey dawn, loved the 2nd & 3 rd pics colors turned out good, pretty choices and quick work wow good job :-)..lol

    ReplyDelete