Thursday, August 9, 2012

PROJECT LIFE DONE, NEW CHANGES/ HEALTH UPDATE

WHEW!  I actually got last week pages done, wasn't sure it would happen. Sorry for the glare on this one, just took it this morning and not much light coming in yet, looks dark but they are happy pages! I decided to do mostly collages to get all the pictures in this week, lots of good stuff. I kept it real simple just so I could get it done!! Here is the whole spread and next up are some close ups!
The left side, wish this was better, might have to retake this again and show later. What I love the most is that it shares something from me and Rich of what we love most. For him it's the garden, he took those pictures. He tried new things this summer and loves the way the way they are turning out. For me it's the bottom one, I posted last week about these. The clouds/sun/sky is what always makes me happy. Had to make a little collage to remember this morning. The other photo is hard to see but all I could get. Rich and 2 of the kids on a bike ride, new thing for us here. Click on image to enlarge.
Wow these did come out too dark, sorry ladies. Hoping if you clickon them you can see better. In the first picture is little Miss. Sienna waving to all of us at the parade Thurs. night which kicks off MADISON OLD FASHION DAYS,  a weekend event here in our town. It's the 50th one and the last one, the committee is ready to retire and noone wants to take it over (sad). So glad Sienna got to be in the last parade, she did GREAT!! The next picture is a collage from the parade, it was a HOT HOT night and it stayed this way thru the whole weekend. I wrote about OFD on the big journal card to explain it all more for the kids. This year I let them walk around on their own and it was weird for me. I'm use to taking pictures of them playing games, the food, the fun, not this time. It was too hot to put a camera in my pocket or to carry my bag, sorry I can't share more of it with you. Of course Monday came and it was nice and COOL finally, wish it had been thru the weekend. The bottom picture is a collage from my day out with my mom and kids. WE HAD FUN!! Thank you for all your sweet comments on this post about it, made my dayand I told my mom about it. So that's a wrap!!
This was a really simple and just right amount of photos/words for me,  need more of these kind.

A couple quick notes/updates since I may not post again till later next week. Project Life will probably be late again due to busy days and I have an appt. next Tuesday at noon for my ABLATION PROCEDURE, please keep me in your prayers that day and hope all goes well. I will be taking it easy for the couple days afterwards. I'm nervous about it and don't like the whole doctor/meds/downtime, so not me at all. Let's hope this resolves my health issues and good comes from it. 

Now for the big change in our house, after weeks and weeks of thinking and discussing Summer and Sam have deicded to homeschool ONLINE. We have them enrolled at 2 different online public schools here in Ohio. This is what they wanted most, it is a big change for us and I'm hoping and praying for a better school year for them this year. Last year was tough for both of them so I said we could try this for a year and see if there's a difference. This is mostly due to major cutbacks in our teachers and the increase in students in the class and some not so nice kids they deal with on a daily basis which is only going to continue.  Feel free to ask questions if you have them. I know this is shocking, it is for us too. My quiet free days will be gone now but I'm looking forward to being more involved with their studies and happy about that. It will be an adjustment for us all. Renee has chosen to stay at the high school because of chorus, she doesn't want to give that up, so we are getting her ready for the first day and excited for her too.

Thanks again ladies for the comments, love, support, encouragement you give me, enjoy your week and the last of these summer days.  Can't believe it's August already, I will be 43 in 9 days, WOW!!


14 comments:

  1. Hoping your procedure goes well! Sending you peace and blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have everything crossed, and I mean everything and I will be praying hard. I am sure everything will be fine.
    Love hearing about your PL weeks, as I have said before it keeps me inspired.
    I know big changes are on the way for you guys but I know all will be well. Remember change, although not always welcome, turns out okay in the end. I am sure home schooling is the right decision for now and when the time is right you will re-assess the situation and make decisions right for then. Trying new things takes courage and I applaud you for that.
    Did my first day as a relief Teachers Assistant (education assistant) today and loved every minute of it.
    love me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey, Thank you for the support and your prayers. We are taking it one day at a time. YIPPPEE for Teachers Assistant, sooooo happy for you! That's perfect!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your procedure. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Homeschooling is a big step (I did with two of my children in their younger years). It will be a learning experience for all of you. You will learn their strengths and weakness, and they yours. ;) Sounds like you won't be doing the teaching so you will probably have better success than I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, thanks so much for the visit and helpful comment. I did homeschool while they were young also, it was so much fun teaching them. You are right, online teachers this time instead of me doing it all. We are excited and nervous. Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. My thoughts are with you for a safe procedure and a quick recovery!! I don't like drs either so I understand your nerves but I'm sure everything will go wonderfully!! Good luck with all the major changes in your family, I willbe thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, thank you for visiting and your sweet words. I guess we are two pods in a pea then about doctors. Thank you for the good wishes for my health and for our new changes!!

      Delete
  5. Good to see the PL posts Dawn. Even I get photo issues. I was not happy with my previous PL post.The pics didn't come out well.
    Will be keeping you in my prayers dear friend. Hope everything goes well with your check-up.
    Online homeschooling must be both a big challenge and excitement for you and your family. I'm sure everything will go well with their studies and the best part is you are around to help them in anything they want.
    Hope this coming year will be a truly blessed one for you. I did remember that your b'day was this month-:)
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dawn, meant to check in on your blog yesterday to see the update but things just got so busy. Then I see you actually updated a day early, whoops. Heehee. The parade and the outing with your mom look like a lot of fun. Love all the special memories you guys make and record here. Don't worry about being late with updates though. Take all the time you need to recover from your procedure! Best of luck and get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Dawn... you have a lot going on in your life right now! I wish you all the best for your op... they are never pleasant, but hopefully it will see you in a better place. You are a braver woman than me... I think home schooling would do my head in totally! LOL... seriously though, it sounds like it is the best decision right now, and online teachers sound awesome! Hope it all goes well, and as Tracey said, you can reassess when the time is right!
    Inspiring Project life as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pages.. yes your bday is coming up.. wohoooooo! One good thing.. you'll never catch up to me.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers that all is going to be great for you (health wise) and the homeschooling. Wow, you have a lot in your life now and I pray that you'd be given strength & courage :). I love the bright sunny flowers in one of the PL photos, is it from your garden?. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh so much going on, take some "me time", lol. Home schooling will be a challenge, getting them to do it and stick with it. Good luck

    ReplyDelete