Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Peeks at my new 2015 projects, YAY!

Hello!  Excited to share some new projects with you, I've just started them and officially saying Happy New Year to myself and jumping in to the year, YAY!!
 
Isn't that sky gorgeous, love when the cold days/nights can be this gorgeous! This was from last night when Rich and I were walking Lucky, so glad I took my camera with me.
See, I wasn't kidding about the Happy New Year part, lol.  Say hello to my first moodboard of 2015, inspired by a friend on IG who made 365 last year. I was almost going to do that many but knew it would take time and having a lot of cute collections on hand which I don't have. So every Monday I will make one for this year and will add my mandalas to it when the weather is nice again. I liked starting off with some happy bright neon colors, was much needed on Monday when it was cold out.
This is going to be my daily project this year, 365 days of painting whatever happy colors I'm thinking of. They will be abstract/no plan just paint to paper and see what happens. I love this already and hope to keep loving it all year.
Say hello to my 365 calendar art this year! Each day I will color in a square with a design of some sort or just color. I started this on the 19 so it will go into the next year to count as 365. This little squares are making me very happy, it's the simple things with me.
 
Just these two simple daily projects are part of a bigger plan I have so I hope you will enjoy them too.
Here's is my writing project, lots of practice writing to improve my handwriting. Not sure why it's blurry like this. I am picking 5 words and writing them in cursive and print for 20mts 3x a week. Hoping this will help when sending happy mail and just writing in general.
 
So those are my projects so far started, a few more are coming and I will share then.
Lastly a photo from this morning, it was below freezing but the sun came out and made everything sparkle and gorgeous again. Was so nice walking out in it today and seeing it in the windows.
 
Thanks for reading and have a good week!

5 comments:

  1. The sky sure is gorgeous! I love your colors for your new project already, it is going to bright, happy and fun, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! Happy New Year to you, too! I love your gorgeous photos and am so happy to read about your painting projects for the new year. I took a life book class that lasts for the year and am pretty excited about it, too! I can picture us painting together, my friend!!!!! And I just purchased a composition book to put my ideas in! I can't wait to see all of your wonderful projects, Dawn! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear friend, I know shock horror I am in blogging land. Loved reading this post and all the fun things you are trying this year. Looking forward to seeing what you do... Oh! and by the way - I blogged today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, Dawn. I LOVE that calendar. It is going to be SO colorful when you are finished. I also like your color project. Seems like you have taken on a LOT this year. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, look at all I have missed! I LOVE your new daily projects Dawn! Your little calendar squares are so cool! I like the idea of writing and playing with color every day too! You are exploding with creativity!

    ReplyDelete