Monday, August 19, 2013

MANDALA MONDAY

Happy Mandala Monday!!  This special mandala was made with bits of everything around the yard. I am not the one who did it though, a cute little 5 year old created this and asked to it all by herself.
This is Sienna, my little cousin I babysit for. So glad I got her picture with her mandala. She helped me make my very first one and remembered an asked if we could "make that pretty flower thingy" again. I said of course and off she went picking what she wanted and saying it was going to be hers. That is her brother rolling on the floor on the right, he changed his mind about being in the picture. See my cat Romeo on the left side, he is just waiting for the chance to grab a piece of her mandala and run with it. I think Sienna did pretty good all on her own, took her no time at all to make this.
 
I'm joining Dawn at http://girlunwinding.wordpress.com where she shares and inspires others to make beautiful mandalas with beautiful things from nature or yummy foods, just about anything will fine. Be sure to visit her and see her mandala for the week. Feel free to join in anytime too!!
 
I will be joining Elizabeth for T time tomorrow with a special birthday post, hope to see you there!!

11 comments:

  1. Your mandala this week makes my heart sing! that Sienna remembered making one with you and then wanted the chance to create one on her own, that is a wonderful thing! Thank you for sharing her beautiful offering and for taking her picture with it. The cat and her brother crack me up--totally doing their own things, lol
    Happy Mandala Monday to you, Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dawn, she was so happy with it and we left it there all day to show her dad when he picked her up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH today's mandala and it's creator are absolutely precious!
    Sienna's mandala is full of beauty and light as a butterflies wing...
    Happy Monday to you dear Dawn
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, Dawn. You are a fantastic role model. Inspiration comes from everywhere, and I see you have provided that sweet young lady Sienna with it. Good for you.

    You asked how to highlight Dawn's name to lead it to her blog. First, when you are creating your post, open Dawn's blog. Type her name in your blog post. Mouse over her name and highlight it like you were going to copy it. Do not copy the word, though. Go to the top of your post to "Link." It is just to the left of the icon you use to add your photos. Click on it (Link). A new box will appear with the word or words you have highlighted in the very top. Go to Dawn's blog and copy her address from her address bar. Paste that in the address box inside the link box. With any luck, the cursor will already be at the proper location already. Be sure to check the "open in new window" box, so it will go to her blog, yet keep yours open.

    Let me know if that doesn't make sense, or if you have questions, and I'll try to walk you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! amazing mandala from a five year old. This is such a great work Dawn and so sweet to see that the little ones enjoying this with you.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sienna's mandala is beautiful! I love all the detail and color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I woke up this morning feeling so much better :). And then, I saw your Mandala Monday post, I'm shouting with delight!. I bet she has a soul of a faery princess, Sienna :). What a wonderful fine, so whimsical with just enough colors and the perfect leaves to go with it all!. LOVE LOVE everything in it. What a fun time looking for these treasures in the backyard with the chatty girl, isn't it?. Thanks, Dawn for sharing it :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that Sienna is joining in too. Love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE Sienna's mandala! That is so cool that she is participating!!!! I think it is wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks soooo much ladies for you happy comments. You know how special she is to me and I was thrilled when she wanted to make her own. Hoping this will happen again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sienna has quite the eye for color--she did a beautiful job on her Mandala. Hope the frosty helped your throat feel better! Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete