Tuesday, April 22, 2014

T stands for birThday wishes and blasT from the pasT

Hello and welcome to a VERY special T Time!! Today is special for two reasons, first it's Earth day and second it's Elizabeth (the wonderful host) of T Stands for Tuesday birthday!!! For 22 days leading up to this bEarthday of hers she has been sharing one upcycle/recycle/reusable project on her blog. I think this is such a great thing she is doing, such an inspiration it's been to see her daily posts. Next year I plan on joining her and turn some trash into treasures. Today's post is all about HER!!
 
Dear Elizabeth, I have been going crazy thinking of what to post today, wanted it to be for you and to be special. I had hoped to recycle and make something fun to share but that didn't happen nor did baking a cake with your name on it happen either. While coming up with an idea I remembered back last August when I shared my first T Time post here. That whole weekend before I spent writing and rewriting my post and wondering if it should be funny, crafty, facts, tea and cup only or what. I was a nervous wreck and made many rough drafts before finally just writing and hitting the publish button before changing my mind again. Well, fast forward 8 months and I'm doing it again.
While going back in the past I wrote some notes and decided that is what I will share today.. the past
 
Elizabeth, do you remember how we met? It was during SOC (Summer of Color) and you were always first to post, I loved that about you and seeing your post each day first made me happy and in awe of all you did. I also liked that we are both early birds, like linking up on Monday's for T Stands for Tuesday. It was kinda funny too that you didn't like the color combos that I did, do you remember that? Finally you got your favorite colors picked and were so happy about it. Can't wait to do this with you again this summer. Wonder what Kristin has planned for us???
I lost track of you for a short time when SOC ended and I got busy with kids and life. One day I stumbled upon Dawn's Mandala Monday post and right away was inspired by these beauties. While commenting there I noticed your name and interest in making them too. YAY!! I went right to your blog and caught up and shared that I was interested in sharing some Mandala fun too. It was so nice to share another project with you again. Then if that wasn't enough, you started your T Day posts back up again. WOW!! This was my cup of tea (pun intended) and happily joined in with you.
This couldn't have happened at a better time, with the kids going back to school and my days a bit more free I couldn't wait to meet other tea/coffee/mugs/etc loving people like myself. I must say each of your readers have been so awesome and kind and talented and funny just like you Elizabeth. Can you imagine if we all got to meet some day in one spot and have T Time. You have all welcomed me and been supportive of everything I share here and make this such a special and happy time for me. THANK YOU ELIZABETH FOR THAT AND TO ALL OF YOU T TIMERS!!
 
Since joining you on Tuesdays, I've never taken so many pictures of cups/drinks ever! Trying to come up with new ways to share them has been a fun challenge and even my family has gotten used to me saying hold on I need a picture of our cups first. They know all about you and what you share and laugh at my crazy picture taking of cups. I also love to draw/sketch/paint tea cups now and these will always be special to me. So you see Elizabeth, you are such a big part of my life even though we haven't met, your T posts may seem small but to me they are BIG.
I have learned more from you and your blog then any other blog EVER. You are full of information and facts and dates on EVERYTHING!! If you don't know something you go right away to find out about it and then share it with us. This is just one of the many thing I love about you.
I am in awe of all the artwork you do, your collages are so amazing and I wish I could do them as well as you. You share things with us even if they didn't come out right or you don't like them, love this about you!! Like your beautiful calendar pages, you may not like them but I DO!! You give us great tutorials on your projects and always have a camera in hand just like me, YAY!! I think it's time you got those pictures off the computer and into a Project Life album my friend, really a book all about you and your wonderful artistic life would be so fun!!
We have been thru most of the seasons, just need a little more spring to make it real. We have suffered thru our aches/pains this past 8 months and hope we both do much better in the next 8 months and more to come. We are both short and not fond of climbing on chairs or heights. We love nature and hearts and trees and spreading happiness to others thru our blogs/art and stories. You honor all holidays and make amazing things for each of them. LOVE THIS!! I was inspired to join AEDM with you and hope to do it again. You have taken walks with me thru my yard and enjoyed my PL and my family pictures/stories.
I think this cup my mom got me was perfect for T Time posts. It's been a true blessing for me to have met you and you make us all feel right at home each Tuesday and all the days between. Thank you so much for all you do and the work and love you put into your blog. Sorry if this got a little long but I had a lot to say, there is still more to say but I know you have to say hello to others and go out to celebrate your BIRTHDAY today!! You are truly the sweetest and so talented and I look forward to knowing you thru many more seasons/cups/holidays/birthdays/ T Days and more.
 
I had so much fun going back to pull these images out from past T Days to share. I tried to find the root beer float one but couldn't. That's just another thing we both enjoy!! Have a wonderful day dear friend and can't wait to hear all about it. Happy Earth day to you also!!
 
P.S.  thank you for helping me with computer issues too and how to link correctly, YAY!!
 
Please visit Elizabeth and wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

15 comments:

  1. this tribute to elizabeth made me feel warm inside. very touching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Dawn!! It would just be fantastic to pull everyone together for a face to face T-day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous post dear...love it! yes, I wish we could all get together for tea! your cookies look delicious, by the way, and so fun to hear about the many ways we run into eachother on the internet...I met E through a challenge too! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a really awesome post all around Dawn! This sure is one special tribute to Elizabeth. It truly would be amazing to gather for tea in person, but, if it weren't for the internet we would probably never have "met " in any way, shape or form.
    BTW, I just this morning received your darling ATC-what a sweet surprise-I love it! I had already posted for today so I will share next "T" day.Thank you, and happy T and earth day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have sat here reading and re-reading with tears welling in my eyes. What a delightful and heartfelt post. Yes, I remember how we "met." I responded to a comment you left me on a SOC entry. Like you today, I hit send, then worried that I had been offensive in my response. You came back with the same feeling. We both felt the bond at that very moment.

    Thank you for the retrospective and how you shared photos and thoughts that were near and dear to you (and to me). Thank you for the past 8 months, and thank you for joining T each Tuesday.

    One thing I must confess. I alter books. I alter file folders. I make quiltlets, although I can't sew a straight line. I enjoy working with assemblages. I even stamp on occasion. But I don't now, and probably never will, create a scrapbook. I don't draw, either. Those are YOUR skills, dear friend. Mine lie in different paths.

    I can't join PL, because I simply HATE wasting ink on images I could leave on my blog, or images I can find in magazines and junk mail. And thankfully, the days of having to pay for photo processing have passed, too. Priorities abound, and yours are with your family. I fear Bleubeard would NOT pass the PL book on to the next generation, since my bloodline (as I pointed out to Hettie earlier) will probably die with me.

    Thank you again for this wonderful post. I so, so, so appreciate it and YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah that was so sweet!! What a great tribute to Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post, so interesting. I'm really enjoying all the Tuesday posters. Fun getting to know everyone.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. You said what I am thinking! Isn't Elizabeth a great host? I wish I had known it was her birthday but next year ey! I am only a newbie at this T malarky! Now a Tea Party with us all - now that sounds good but I will have a loooong way to come to meet most of you!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful and thoughtful post! Elizabeth is truly a wonderful lady. Happy birthday to her, Happy T-Day, and Happy Earth Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy T-Day!
    What a nice post! It was so much fun reading about how you two crossed paths again and again! It is interesting how this internet has connected so many people. It would be a lot of fun to have a T-Day get together. Oh maybe a virtual get together like Skype or Google+ with group video chat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I knew Elizabeth was special, but you have expanded on that a hundred fold. Thanks for dropping by. Love your little cup pictures

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post and lovely look back at your connection with E. Hope you had a nice tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post to celebrate Elizabeth's special day, awesome background story too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dawn- you asked in what challenge I 'met' Elizabeth. It was a 'tip-in swap' on ABC yahoo group-Altered Book Club. E was the first 'swap hostess' I ever worked with, and by far the best & most dependable! the yahoo group isn't very active now, and I focus more on art journals now, but am a faithful follower of E's blog! I really loved this post...

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy to see all of your wonderful T is for Tuesday posts, Dawn. This one is no exception!!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete