Wednesday, September 5, 2012

2011 (then) & 2012 (now)... my creative journey

This month makes it a year since taking the famous 30 DAYS OF LIST CLASS and it changed my life for the better. My life has more color and is messier then ever and even more important are the new friends, the old friends who support me and inspire me DAILY!!! I never in a million years could have guessed that by taking this one class so much of my life could change and how badly I NEEDED THAT CHANGE!! So today's post is about all that I've done in this past year, the creative side not the "MOM" side or "PROJECT LIFE" side. Those areas have changed but will be talked about later on. Are you ready to go back a year with me: some of you were there with me and others I've met along the way. I can't say enough how THANKFUL I am for ALL OF YOU!!  In no special order here is what I remember.

Sept. 2011..... 30 Days of Lists... warm community...doodling...sharpies...collage...Bonita...Michelle.. love making lists...helpful friends...inspired...paint...drawing trees and houses...less scrapping...paint.. messy art...sketching...30 Days of Thanks with Deborah...my half of the kitchen table being messy... discovering the CLOUDS AND SUN AND SKY...finding peace within...need to create...COLOR LOTS OF COLOR...PURPLE...Julie Balzar 30day art journal class...Made homemade art for Christmas gifts...painting Christmas trees obsession...Received beautiful gifts and cards from friends...INSPIRATION... color combo....love my Project Life...collages...thankful hearts... using the camera in mode...Donna D....spring wreath...art week in green...happy mail...panchinalla... stencils...
NATURE...TREES...ice imprints...making my own cards....banners...messy hands daily...sketching...
BELIEVING IN ME...Susan...Jumpstart 2012...stephanie x 3...sketching in grids...art journals... notebooks...not much scrapping still...WITL....Dawn... happiness...Lynette...Cathy...Alisa Burke...doodles galore...Painting on poster boards...abstract art...Angie...Karen...Christy...dreams do come true...ARTIST...Sharul...Suzy...Linda...fabric...stitching...sewing...breathe...consuming... inspiring others to start PL... Dream... Sienna...Janine...Reville...discovering...mistakes...inner critic...
GO GO GO...Survivors...paintbrushes...GESSO... tags...doiley...banners...art in all forms...art for my
home...buttons...stamps...dreaming in color...decorating wrapping paper...postcards...prayers...
surprise happy mail.. Ann Margaret... INSPIRED...these and more have made me HAPPY this year.

FOR SEPT. 2012 AND ON I HOPE TO...
scrap again and again nonstop this time... make more art for my house and as gifts to others...sketch..
more classes...learn more...be FREE...write more lists...re-do my past classes and learn again...dream
make a wreath for fall and winter...lots more happy mail...FLORIDA...more thankful hearts...doodle
SEW,SEW,SEW...make homemade cards for Christmas and everyday ones...more trees and houses..
make my own art jouranls...take inspired outings...camera adventures...MORE BANNERS...play more...BE ME...inspire others...be inspired again...create leaves, pumpkins...more Xmas trees and snowmen...quilt...stitches...painting on fabric...paint BIG...a tree for every season...visit and meet online friends (LOTTERY HOPE)...lots of doodles...PROJECT LIFE BABY!!...learn more digital and techie things...pinrest??? fall journal....bright colors and more colors...30 days of thanks...make my own stamps...meet new people...summer of color...Jumpstart 2013...WITL & DD... happier...
art journal everyday...secrets....dreams....holiday doodles...BELIEVE...OPEN...collages...TRUST...
Getting Kristin on this art journey with me... challenges...index cards...calenders...tags...MY MOM...
ENJOY THE PROCESS...draw more houses...THANKFUL FOR ANOTHER YEAR WITH MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.... MAKE THIS YEAR EVEN BETTER....

So there you have it a years worth of learning and discovering!! I can't wait to do this again and be inspired all over. There is always so much I want to do and create but not alwasy enough time or knowledge or money to do them all. Thankful for what has happened and lucky to be where I am.
I did this just off the top of my head, hope I didn't forget anyone or anything special. I also couldn't remember how to spell a sweet PROJECT LIFER name, darn it, but you know who you are. Starts with an "N" and has the two sweet cuties! thank you for beins such a dear friend to me and inspiring me.

I stopped for just a moment today and wondered what my life would have been like if I hadn't taken that class... without a doubt none or most of it WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED... IT ALL STARTED WITH THAT CLASS.... 30 DAYS OF LISTS.... I REALLY SHOULD GO TAKE IT AGAIN THIS MONTH SHOULDN'T I.... WHAT AM I WAITING FOR.... WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN THIS YEAR IF I TAKE IT.... HOPE ALL OF YOU STAY WITH ME ON THIS CRAZY JOURNEY.... HUGS!!
Thanks for reading if you got thru all this, you know how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE TO WRITE!

10 comments:

  1. WOW, Dawn. You have such a colorful journey this past year!!!. I'm happy for you that you are HAPPY doing so and met so many friends along the way!. You never ceased to inspire me and I thank you for that :). Hope you're going to have lots more beautiful events unfolding before you and enjoy good health too :). HUGS HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shahrul, it's been a great year and I'm happy to share this next year with you. I am inspired by all you do!!HUGS!!

      Delete
  2. I'll add a "wow", too!! I loved reading your lists! I've always been a list maker and this is such a great idea, 30 days of lists! I'll have to keep that in mind for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, thank you for the visit and the "WOW", so glad to know you. It's always a joy to see your photos and read your thoughts on them!! Enjoy the fall coming up, yipppeee!!

      Delete
  3. I feel so happy to read this list (saw my name too). You've achieved so much on your creative side. I too make these kind of lists at the end of each month in my daily journal.Even I feel so thankful about blogland as it's from this journey that I got such good friends like you.What is this 30 Days of List Whose class is that?I don't remember abt it? But I too am a list girl:)
    Hope you are having a good week.Saw your PL post too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, it's been so great being friends and supporting each other on this new art journey of ours. Thank you for inspiring me and being a dear friend. I will email you about the 30 Days of Lists, it is fun!!

      Delete
  4. That was quite a journey...and it is good to hear you so happy and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynette, thanks for the visit and always being so kind and supportive. My prayers and love are still with you!!

      Delete
  5. Boy dawn.... definately a mouthful and a mindfull of good times and memmories " stop and smell the roses" always a good thing....... busy woman too :-) love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this has to be my favorite post ever you hv written here.. love all the raw emotion, the thankfulness, the joy in your words, and your anticipation of what is to come! Yay.. believe in your dreams.. believe in them.. don't let them go. xo
    Love to you.... and yes, FLORIDA. I want you to come and visit with me so we can walk and talk and create by the sea. xo love love you. xo

    ReplyDelete