Hello and Happy Monday! I'm excited to share that it's WEEK IN THE LIFE time again starting next week. I've been looking back at the two mini's albums I have done and love this project so much each time. As most of you have seen me do this in the past, it means I will document our family in photos and WORDS for a whole week then document them into a mini album or in my Project Life album which I've done before too. This project is inspired by the amazing Ali Edward's, for several years now she's done this and invited us along on this amazing journey for one week each year.
In the photo above, the larger album is the from the first year I did this project. It was 5 years ago, Rich was the age I'm going to turn next week and the girls were at Sam's age. WOW, those years went by so fast! While reading these I had forgotten some of the things they said and did back then so it was so neat to read them and remember.
Here's another spread of these albums again. Reading back through these helped me decide a plan for size and format for this year. I actually wish I had bought the kit that Ali has made just for this project. There are still some available so we will see. Ready to hear my plan:
1. I'm going to start mine on Sunday instead of Monday like Ali does. That's the best part too, you can start this project anytime that works for you. In the past by the time Sunday comes, I'm tired of taking pictures and that is my favorite day of the week, so I'm starting Sunday!
2. I have decided to use the bigger binder size like that first year. It will hold more pictures and more importantly, lots of journaling in that format. In my smaller size there isn't as much, but I also noticed I left blank journal spots in it. This time I will write more during the day and make sure to get the stories written in.
3. I will be blogging about our days everyday if I can or at least every couple days. This will help me remember things and because it's so fun to share with others.
4. I plan on doing a collage for each day, like you see above in the little album. I love collages! I will also be doing a STORY OF TODAY like in the bigger album, just one favorite photo and story to tell.
5. I'm thankful this project and Ali have encouraged me to take more pictures of ME, it's important to get my story in there too. This project is for anyone, young/old/ married/single/kids and no kids. YOUR STORY MATTERS!! I can't say that enough! You may think your life is boring or the same old routine, again, YOUR STORY MATTERS, live it and share it. It's the these small stories, may seem boring and not important that really makes these stories and albums precious. With that being said, YES you will see me in these photos, YAY!!
6. I plan on using mostly my camera, not my phone. Just my personal choice is all.
7. I will have an intro page describing where each of us our and our ages right now. I did that in the first album and OMG it was the sweetest to read again. Sam had some quirks back then that I had really forgotten about, thankful I took the time to do this and have to do it again this year.
8. I will be putting my album together after the week is over, it will give me time to look over all the notes and pictures and decide what ones I really want and not hurrying just to get it done.
9. It won't be what our normal looks like right now since school starts that week, so it will be interesting to have this week documented. It's also mine and Rich's bday week, YAY!
10. Thank you for reading and hope you will come back next week to see more!
Here's another spread from each one. Truly loved looking back at these over the weekend. Wish me luck, it is a time consuming but so worth it project. Thanks Ali for inviting us to play along with you!