It's my birthday today (Thursday) so thought of doing a little post just about ME. Since I love numbers and lists thought it would be fun to list 21 things about me and 21 things I'm thankful for which equals==== 42 which is how old I am now. I can honestly say being in the 40's doesn't bother me, I am finding the new me and discovering who I am besides a mom and wife. Since becoming a mom at a young age I never got that chance and enjoying it now. I've mentioned it before, birthday parties aren't my thing, just want a nice quiet day with kids and have them be good and do whatever I want for the day. My hubby is taking the day off and said we can all do something or he will take the kids out for me. Not sure which I should do?? So here is my list in no special order. Sorry it's going to be long but hey 42 is a big number.
1. my husband and kids, so lucky to have them. God sent me the perfect ones.
2. my parents, they each are special and have taught me so much. I'm lucky to still have them around and healthy. My sisters, they drive me crazy but I love them and have since they were born and I mothered them.
3. SUNSETS, TREES,CLOUDS they are beautiful and I love seeing them everyday. It relaxes me and makes me happy.
4. my kids have always been blessed with the best teachers, I am so happy for that because it makes a difference in a kids learning. Thanks to all the teachers in this world too, it's a tough job.
5. for my family all being healthy
6. for discovering scrapbooking and telling my family's story in such a fun way. I know this will stay with me forever
7. fresh fruits and veggies can't get enough of them. both my husband's garden and from the store.
8. my cell phone, camera, computer, skype all parts of how I can stay in touch with family close and nearby
9. libraries and books, HAVE TO READ EVERYDAY!! Love love reading more and more as I get older.
10. Sonja, my sweet cousin who as growing up we werent' that close but now thanks to God has brought us together as MOMS. She helps me so much and understands me like no other, she "gets it"
11. Sienna and Colt, these are Sonja's kids that I'm lucky enough to babysit. Sonja called and asked if I'd like to babysit these sweet babies and it was a meant to be since I had just sent my youngest to first grade which was all day. I'm lucky to be home for my kids while still having a little play money and mostly to have babies in the house again, love love babies. I learn so much from these two that I didn't with my own kids.
12. my husband having a good job and works hard so we can have a house, car, me at home with my kids and provide for us. Thank you honey so much.
13. my hot tea and hot showers every morning that really wake me up and get me going
14. my feet that put the tennis shoes on that go to track and walks a mile or more every chance I can. so happy to discover that the outdoors is what works for me. I've tried the YMCA many times and didn't like it and would quit. Thanks to Cathy Z. I finally stepped outdoors.
15. fall time, the leaves, the colors, the cooler air, hot cider, PUMPKINS, Thanksgiving, Halloween, raking leaves, playing in them, sweaters, blankets, naps all these and more
16. quiet mornings before the kids get up, I'm not much of a loud person and need the quiet before they get up to read, think, dream, plan my day and BLOG
17. having the furnace in the winter and the a/c in the summer, verrrry lucky for those
18. for Kristin my oldest having a gift in all arts. my Renee who is most like me except she was gifted with a beautiful voice and sings all over the house. Summer who is my sweetest and use to be my hip baby has the best hugs and pretty smile. Sam my man, the boy I've waited my whole life for. A little boy to call my own, his funny and awkard ways and mostly his gorgeous hair.
19. for all my off the computer friends and how they are always there for me and sharing our kids and watching out for each other's. I'm very quiet so was lucky to find the few I have and how alike we are.
20. for all my blogging friends old and new. You inspire me in so many ways and understand my passion for story telling and mommyhood, crafts, fashion, everything that my dear friends/family at home don't always understand. I learn something new from you almost daily and always enjoy seeing your comments and reading your blogs. Hope to meet all of you one day soon. Thanks for always stopping by.
21. and last but not least in any way, GOD. For he has been there from my beginning and watched over me all these years and knows me and what I can handle. He has blessed me in so many ways over and over again. I wouldn't be here if not for him.
Ok, this list is sooo long so how about if I wait a couple days so you have a chance to read this then I will post the other 21 things about me?? I'm tired just from typing this, seems harder then when I wrote it. Thanks for everyone who hung in there this long. Going to go make plans for my big day. The first thing on my list for tomorrow is walking the track with my hubby. This morning it was cold 69 outside and I had to dig out my long sleeves to wear. While walking though it was so pretty with the sun coming up on one side and the moon on the other side. The light was glowing off the trees so magical. Kicking myself for not taking the camera. Have a great day!