Sunday, January 9, 2011

My one little word for the year

I'm excited to be joining Ali Edwards on her journey this year by picking ONE LITTLE WORD to focus on this year. Ali has been doing this for 4 years now and this year she's even doing a class for it at Big Picture Class, which isn't required to join. This is a little easier then choosing New Years Resolutions and trying to stick to them. I've had one word on my mind since the summer and a short time after that another word suddenly chose me too. Well after much thinking between both words I've decided to pick both words. My words for this year are ART AND TIME.

My word art has been swimming around in my head since this summer after seeing all the cool ideas that Ali and other creative people share on their blogs. I attend on applying it towards scrapbooking, home decorating, photography, drawing/sketching and sewing. I am so excited about this word and all the fun it will bring into my life this year.

My other word TIME came suddenly after my grandpa passed away this past fall. My plans for this word is to spend more time with my extended family, my kids/hubby/friends/myself. If there's one thing I wish for most is TIME. The first thing I did was to make coupons for my kids that are for spending time with me, one on one time. They were so excited to get these. Every month I will spend some time going places ( most of them free) and just enjoy talking and being together. There are some plans in the works for the extended family idea also, but that's secret since they read my blog. I think this word will be a challenge for me and will change me by the end of the year in a good way. I'm hoping it will slow me down and teach me to keep my eyes open more to see and to listen better. I will be using my time more wisely for the things that matter to me most also.

So now that the plans are in motion you will be seeing posts about these on my blog mixed in with my Project Life pictures of the week.

To read more and find out more about Ali Edward's ONE LITTLE WORD click on her name which is on the right side of my blog. I read her blog every day and am always inspired and touched by all she does and shares with us. It's not to late to start either, you have all year to think of a word or maybe a word will choose you. Let me know what your word will be and I would love to read your thoughts on it. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. How neat!! Well, I know you sure love doing these things.


    Blessings to you in the New Coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your words Dawn. I hope that they will bring you great joy this year. If I had to pick a work it would be patience. This is something I really, really need to work on.

    ReplyDelete