Monday, May 2, 2011

Project Life April 24-30

Welcome to this weeks project life. I took tons of pictures this week, love it when that happens. This weekend was busy so I didn't get to get my photos printed but I will next weekend. We had a good week here at our house, I'm starting a art journal and love love this idea. I bought some books at the library for a quarter each and have started painting in them. These are old books that have been donated and I love books and words so this made me extra happy to use them. Hoping to post some of them soon, nothing fancy just me playing with paints for now. I had the kids go out on Sat. and paint/draw on a long white sheet of paper in the driveway and the wind kept flipping it up but they had fun with it. So happy to read the "Pioneer Women" book this week it was so good and I can't wait to buy the book and add this to my yearly book list. If you've thought about reading it you should, it's the sweetest love story. We finally got our first couple of tulips on Sat. and I bought some beautiful flower pinwheels for the front yard. We also mowed the yard for the first time in between all the rain we keep getting, so it may look like spring outside but don't let it fool you. We have rain, cold, wind almost everyday. Hoping since we are skipping spring that we will finally get a summer weather. The weather people here say it's officially on the record as April being the most rain we've ever had since way back before my parents were born, that is too much rain for me. Have a great week everybody.

P.s. I will have some more posts hopefully everyday/or two days this week some fun things I've been doing, scrapping, and working on a special mother's day quiz for this weekend, so come back and check it all out.

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I would let you know that I have signed up for 30 days of lists on their new site. Can't wait and it will be so much fun being able to do it with a blog buddy, it will be fun to compare them.
    Love the idea of a art journal... always wanted to do one but I think I have enough going on right now. I do keep an idea journal though so I guess its kinda the same thing.
    Have a good week.
    Love me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your backyard???? OMG!
    I hope you share your mommy's day quiz, I'd love to participate. I'm seeing my mom on Sat/Sun and would be fun to take it with her.
    Gonna have to add Pioneer Woman to my list. I'm reading The Help right now.
    Your flowers are beautiful, our flower and veggie sprouts are finally poking out of the dirt...it's so sweet to watch God's little miracles.
    I am sending more sunshine and warmth your way...it's already starting to get over 90 here in Norcal and we're not quite used to it yet. Would love to share it with you. =)
    Glad you had such a good week!

    ReplyDelete