Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How we spent our first day of summer vacation

Today has been a perfect first day of summer vacation. Even the weather says it's summer with a hot humid 92degree day for us. So of course we went to the pool, of course we had pizza (no cooking) yes indeed it was a good day. I didn't get to capture everything since I'm trying to live more in the moment and play more and listen more so excuse some of the blurry or bad photos. A couple highlights of the day were:

The kids played together a lot with no fighting, yippeee
Summer vacummed/ straightened the shoes, oh yeah she knows the way to my heart
We made a healthy smoothie and everyone liked it
We made sandwhiches with cookie cutters and we ate them
The kids rode their bikes and played BBall while listening to the new LemonAde Mouth CD
The kids read a lot today, mostly Sam which is great
The rest of our day is in the pictures below, I hope tomorrow is a good day for us too.
P.S. Almost forgot the 45 minute nap I took after dinner, yep a nap is always good.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dawn, I'm catching up on your blog and I'm starting here because this is why I truly adore you. For a week I've been jotting down the post I'm about to share with you and you and your blog are by far the easiest and most obvious one to get this Lovely Blog Award: http://retrohipmama.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/and-the-lovely-blog-awards-go-to/
    You said it all right up there, live in the moment, play, listen. Things I struggle with. Things I want to make better about myself. Things I WILL DO TODAY.
    Hope you have a wonderful day...off to check out the rest of your pics and posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,
    I'm so excited that your giving me a award. You are so sweet, it's been so much fun knowing you and reading your blog. Thanks for making my day and for all you do to inspire me. You are a awesome mama and friend and woman!! Seriously girl you have made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award above Dawn! How exciting!

    Mom naps....is there anything better?!

    ReplyDelete