Sunday, September 15, 2013

WEEK IN THE LIFE....SATURDAY

GOOD MORNING SATURDAY!!  I was excited today like on Monday, it would be a different kind of day now that kids and Rich home. Today I was going to have fun with my camera, have loved carrying it everywhere with me this week, hardly used my phone for pictures this week. The sky and sunlight were SUPER amazing today and so I played with that this morning by taking pictures from different windows and even some from the upstairs windows. I've done this plenty of times and enjoy the happiness it gives me. Times like this I'm glad for so many windows in the house, not so glad on the cold windy days or the really hot days. Rich enjoys the sunlight just as much as me also.
 
Today I took 114 pictures, I expected it to be a bit higher actually but am really happy with the ones I got. Today will probably be a lower since church takes up most of my morning. Kinda sad today is the last day of this amazing week, am so glad I did this project. Made me love making a mini album again too, thinking of doing a mini one for each of the kids about their week. Might do another WITL later this fall or one about myself and the fall season. It does take the commitment and extra time to upload pictures here and to upload them to order. I missed reading some of my favorite blogs and emails are still sitting there waiting too. But I know it's only for this week and things will be normal again tomorrow or in a few days at least.
 
Here is a quote from my 2010 album and how I felt in getting my pictures today....LOVE!!!
 
Capture today, tomorrow and the next day.
 
Do it for a week
 
Carry your camera everywhere
 
take as many pictures as you can
 
at home, at school, in the car
 
Posed, unsuspecting, with the timer, at arms length
 
Take notes
 
Capture everything about your life RIGHT NOW
 
This pretty much sums up what the week is about and today I did just that. The day started early since Rich works on Saturday's. Renee went with him today because of a school project, love that!
Good night and THANKS so much for reading!
 
Nancy, I miss you and can't wait to see you at church today!

6 comments:

  1. Loved all the photos, it made me feel like I was right there with you. I was tempted to do WITL but then reality hit in and I realised I just don't have the time. Hope to do one, one day but right now I am happy with PL.
    THanks for sharing such a great post.
    Counting down now and getting way too excited. Fingers crossed we get to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your day with all of us! Like Tracey, I feel like I was there with you and loving every moment of it! I really like your photos - especially the sun in the window. Just beautiful! And I always love getting to know you a little better with each and every post. Thanks, Dawn, for brightening my day! Happy Sunday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome post. Like the gals who have already commented, I feel like I spent the day with you and your family.

    Oh to have a hubby who mows the lawn and shares a shadow photo. Lucky you! Now all I need is to join you at one of the kids' games. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing Sudoku!!. How time flies when I do it, especially if I'm travelling on the train. It looked cold there :). Wonderful to watch the tree line turning yellow, through the window screen (*wink wink). Have a warm weekend!. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the same way about Saturday,totally reenergized to take photos again. Love the light in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you enjoyed this whole project Dawn. I'm sure these pictures are going to be treasured. Sam loves Sudoko? I love playing that too. The first picture with the teapot and the flowers(are they paper flowers?, they look very pretty) look awesome.
    Wishing you a great week and tons of inspiration to sketch.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete