I got this idea from my friend's blog and thought it would be fun to post one too. I just read this on her post and came up with 5 things really quick that I haven't done. I bet if given this more thought the answers would be different or maybe more but for now I'm happy with this one. So here's my list of thing's I haven't done.....
1. I haven't ran in a 5k but want to so bad. Was hoping to make a couple this summer but not looking good. This summer has flown by and I don't make it to the track as often as I should and want to. Hoping to get better about this for the rest of the season and maybe in Sept. might do one in my hometown.
2. I have never swam under water since being a toddler/very young kid. I had to have tubes in my ears for a long time when younger. Since then I just haven't liked water as much as I use to or still could. The kids know not to get my hair wet and I also still keep my glasses on because I can't see without them. This doesn't bother me though now, I'm very ok about it.
3. I've never ridden piggy back or been carried. These feet do not leave the ground unless reaching in the cupboard for something. I won't change the light bulbs, climb a ladder. My hubby never got to carry me over the threshold, he knows how I feel about this weird quirk I have and respects it.
4. I have never cooked, cleaned, touched or bought a Thanksgiving turkey yet it is my favorite holiday HANDS-DOWN!! I wait all year for this day and quit eating a few days before hand just because nothing tastes good to me until I can have a turkey dinner. My dear sweet hubby is the same way and bless his heart every year since forever he gets up early and does all the prepping for the turkey and putting it in the oven. He feels the exact same way about this holiday and doesn't mind. I don't want anything to do with the turkey till it's done and carved otherwise I probably couldn't eat it.
5. I have never rode on a tandem bike. This is on my list to do before I'm too old to enjoy it. My hope is to have a vacation in a cute little town where you can rent them. It would be beautiful to ride one with my husband and be along side a pond, lake, ocean, nature of any kind and just feel the breeze on us and pedal away together.
So that's my list. Not bad for only thinking about 10 mts. I will be celebrating my daughter's 13 bday with her friends at a local hotel tomorrow. We will be swimming, eating pizza and cake and lots of laughing and giggling maybe even some sleep if I'm lucky. One of these days I will have to post my unlove of birthdays. I just am not a birthday kinda mom, sorry to say it but it's true. So please send me good wishes to get thru this weekend. Happy Weekend