Thursday, July 28, 2011


Our traditional front door hanging greeted the kids and they knew something was up then. They were so surprised when they opened the door.



My daughter's bday was last week and we keep the sign up for a week this was just about Christmas not her bday. She's loving the sign though and wants it to stay up





snowflakes and snowballs to play with
game of tossing the snowman thru the pretend wreath






Lucky loves to be hugged by Sam, I think Lucky would hug him back if he could



It felt good to do things for me today and have fun and do something totally spontanous for the kids. Just waking up knowing this was my day kept me energized and happy all day long. I had more patience and talked more softly and didn't push and just let the flow of the day happen. We have a very important and exciting wedding tomorrow in our family, little Sienna will be the flower girl. I will post on Sat. morning sometime about my Friday. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments.

6 comments:

  1. I think it is SO AWESOME that you threw a Christmas in July party. Just completely love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ali for visiting and leaving a comment. You just made my day. It really was fun and so totally different for me. My kids will always remember this and so will I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! You are probably the best mom in the neighborhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I said it on the forum but oh my gosh what a great idea! I love the fact that you felt "Hey, we need to boost our spirits, I will take charge of that" and then just throw this party. Those happy faces on the photos really speak for themselves though. You have inspired me to be more positive. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to all the new commenters here. It's so much fun to visit the links on Ali's blog and at BPS. So many ideas and amazing pictures at both places. That just makes this project even sweeter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea Dawn! We have done it at the campground but have never thought to do it at home! Might have to do this next year.

    I just bought that same scrapbook paper. OMG! I love the whole line and bought the school, summer and family lines.

    ReplyDelete